Shop Config

Darknet Marketplaces

Darknet Marketplaces

Darknet Marketplaces

Contrary to the high profile of the dark web, it is not well understood by the public. As a result, the black market is booming on the Dark Web, where dishonest merchants thwart unscrupulous activities.

Definition of the Dark Web

First of all, what exactly is the Dark Web? The Internet can be thought of as consisting of three sections: the Surface Web, the Deep Web, and the Dark Web. Even though Google has indexed 50 billion web pages as of 2022, the Surface Web represents only about 4% of the world's data domain, with the remaining 96% comprising the Deep Web.

The Surface Web.

The public portion of the Internet, navigable by standard search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

Deep Web.

Paid service sites such as Netflix, for example, store their content in the Deep Web, which also includes sensitive databases such as online banking systems.

Dark Web


Legal Status and Use of the DarkWeb

The DarkWeb has become synonymous with illegal activity, but is access to this Internet domain actually illegal? The anonymity of the DarkWeb makes it a haven for markets for drugs, illegal data, and other illicit goods. However, the Dark Web is being used for legitimate purposes, especially by those whose lack of privacy could be dangerous (e.g., political dissidents).

Evolution of the Dark Web

The advent of bitcoin in 2009 further propelled the dark net marketplace by providing an anonymous digital payment system, allowing the market to flourish.